Picking up where I left off, my partner scrubbed the entire exterior with Simple Green & a Scotchbrite pad. She got some of the white paint off and all of the grime & moss, but it still looks like hell.
While she was at that I cut off the old coupler and safety chains, ground down & repainted the tongue, and installed new ones. The first foot is restored, now I just have to keep working backwards. I also started running new wiring.
I also used some spare brackets that came with the new coupler to make some trailer light mounts. Still need to drill holes to mount the lights to them.
I need to run the wiring & install the lights, then locate some better tires and it will at least be safely towable.
Cost so far:
$150 – Trailer
$35 – coupler
$25 – chains, bolts, links
$1 – scotchbrite pad
$0 – trailer wiring loom(from spares box)
$0 – tail light bracket(spare coupler brackets)
Pingback: $150 utility trailer progress report #2 | Improbable Garage