NorthEast to Houston ArtCar Caravan
This site contains pictures, tales, quotes and the road journal from our ArtCar Caravan from the NorthEast down to Houston TX for the Orange Show ArtCar Parade. Right now we're just uploading random journal entries, pictures, and such as we manage to find net connections. Afterwards this will eventually be sorted out into something a bit more coherent. But for now, enjoy what's here and see you on the road!
click on the artcar to get more info on it
Notes from the road
The journal can be found here.
Pictures are located on this page.
So than I said...
- "I'm in a ten year old, wildly decorated car with 218,000 miles on it. On my way half way across the country with a bunch of other weird cars to be in a parade and meet a lot of other like-minded weirdos... I love my life sometimes." -Pixel-
- "WalMart!" -Christa-
- "Here we are in god-knows-where Virginia..." "I thought we were in Christiansburg?" "Exactly, God knows where this place is." -Pixel & Christa-
- "I just had a pork rind for the first time in my life, and I'm gagging." -Andy-
- "It takes a man comfortable in his sexuality to drive a purple Explorer." -Pixel-
Our day-to-day progress (the directions are mapquest's directions and not necessarily our actual route)
Vernon CT to Salem VA (611miles)
[The Cat & Ecco] Salem VA to Nashville TN (425miles for a total of 1036miles)
[THAT car] Hazleton PA to Nashville TN (410miles for a total of 1446miles)
[projected] Nashville TN to Baton Rouge LA (_____)
[projected] Baton Rouge LA to Houston TX (______)
- DAYS FIVE through EIGHT (4/26-4/29)
Being spent in Houston at ArtCar Events.
- DAYS NINE through ELEVEN (4/30-5/2)
[projected] Houston TX to Vernon CT (_____)